Your Contributions Become Our Customers’ “Treasures”
When you donate to The Treasure Hound resale shop, you’re not just clearing out a space in your home, you’re helping to provide funding that supports FOHA dogs and cats. No matter how large or small the “treasure” you share with us, we can’t thank you enough for helping to keep our store stocked with wonderful items.
But before you head out with your items, please review our donation instructions to find out how to donate and what we can and cannot accept as donations.
How to Donate
14508-D Lee Rd, Chantilly, VA
Corner of Rt. 50 and Lee Rd. One light West of Rt. 28.
When you arrive at the shop, please ring the bell at our side door. The door has the letter “D” on it. One of our volunteers will open the door for you.
Donations will only be accepted between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM Tuesdays through Saturdays. No donations will be accepted on Sundays or Mondays.
- We accept new and gently used merchandise.
- All donations are tax deductible. Please ask for a receipt.
- Items must be clean, in working condition and have all applicable parts.
- Clothing and linens must be clean and free from stains and tears.
- If you have a question about a possible donation or would like to make arrangements for a large donation, contact us at 703-263-9073.
What We Accept
- Art items including oils, prints, photography—contemporary to traditional
- Barbie-brand dolls
- Books, including vintage, hardback, paperback, magazines and children’s
- CDs, DVDs and LPs
- Collectibles and figurines
- Decorative household items, including accent pieces, china, crystal and silver
- Greeting cards for every occasion
- Jewelry, including fine and costume
- Linens. including bedding, tabletop, decorative pillows, quilts, blankets and curtains
- Men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, shoes, accessories, including our new Premium rack
- New appliances, in the original box if possible
- Smaller-scale furniture, including new and antiques
- And, of course, pet supplies!
Items We Are Unable to Accept
- Any item with real fur (faux fur is fine)
- Anything sharp such as knives or weapons (cutlery is fine)
- Baby furniture, baby equipment, car seats
- Bed pillows or mattresses
- Bird cages
- Broken furniture
- Critter cages
- Dolls (Barbie-brand dolls still accepted)
- Encyclopedia sets, reference books, textbooks
- Filing cabinets
- Food items
- Golf clubs
- Gym equipment
- Large stuffed animals
- Magazines older than two years old
- Medical equipment
- Mirrors without frames
- Oil lamps/oil for lamps
- Pet medication
- Picture frames
- Rugs/Carpet larger than 5’x8’
- Sports equipment
- Very large furniture
- VHS/cassette tapes
- Used appliances
- Used electronics
- Used litter boxes