Your Contributions Become Our Customers’ “Treasures”
When you donate to The Treasure Hound resale shop, you’re not just clearing out a space in your home, you’re helping to provide funding that supports FOHA dogs and cats. No matter how large or small the “treasure” you share with us, we can’t thank you enough for helping to keep our store stocked with wonderful items.
But before you head out with your items, please review our donation instructions to find out how to donate and what we can and cannot accept as donations.
How to Donate
14508-D Lee Rd, Chantilly, VA
Corner of Rt. 50 and Lee Rd. One light West of Rt. 28.
When you arrive at the shop, please ring the bell at our side door. The door has the letter “D” on it. One of our volunteers will open the door for you.
Hours vary weekly. Check out our Facebook Page for up to date information.
- We accept new and gently used merchandise.
- All donations are tax deductible. Please ask for a receipt.
- Items must be clean, in working condition and have all applicable parts.
- Clothing and linens must be clean and free from stains and tears.
- If you have a question about a possible donation or would like to make arrangements for a large donation, contact us at 703-263-9073.
What We Accept
- Smaller-scale furniture, including new and antiques
- Decorative household items, including accent pieces, china, crystal and silver
- Art items including oils, prints, photography—contemporary to traditional
- Linens. including bedding, tabletop, decorative pillows, quilts, blankets and curtains
- Collectibles and figurines
- Men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, shoes, accessories, including our new Premium rack
- New appliances, in the original box if possible
- Books, including vintage, hardback, paperback, magazines and children’s
- CDs, DVDs and LPs
- Greeting cards for every occasion
- Jewelry, including fine and costume
- And, of course, pet supplies!
Items We Are Unable to Accept
- Used electronics
- Baby furniture, baby equipment, car seats
- Encyclopedia sets, reference books, textbooks
- Sports equipment
- Gym equipment
- Very large furniture
- Any item with real fur (faux fur is fine)
- Golf clubs
- Bed pillows or mattresses
- Used appliances
- VHS/cassette tapes
- Rugs/Carpet larger than 5’x8’
- Broken furniture
- Used litter boxes
- Bird cages
- Critter cages
- Oil lamps/oil for lamps
- Large stuffed animals
- Mirrors without frames
- Filing cabinets
- Pet medication
- Anything sharp such as knives or weapons (cutlery is fine)
- Magazines older than two years old