The Friends of Homeless Animals shelter is located on 40 pastoral acres in Loudoun County, VA
Our space includes:
- Welcome Center: meeting space, recreation space, staff offices
- In addition, the large, grassy front lawn of the welcome center provides an area where volunteers can relax with dogs who prefer to snuggle and enjoy the weather rather than walk.
- Adoption Office: adoption area, a gift shop with a selection of FOHA-branded merchandise, indoor meet-and-greet area for dogs.
- Dog Kennels: 3 heated and air conditioned kennel buildings that can house over 60 dogs at a given time.
- Single and double-occupancy kennels with indoor and outdoor space accessible to each dog, including comfortable bedding and toys
- Fred Sanders Memorial Village:
- Completely unique area for long-term, senior dogs with an individual heated and air-conditioned house that includes a bed and an over-sized private run with artificial turf
- Second dog village currently under construction.
- Catteries: 2 unique communal catteries, including one for FIV Positive cats:
- The communal catteries allow potential adopters the chance to personally interact with the cats to select their perfect match!
- Cats can freely roam the catteries to take advantage of plenty of space, toys, and screened-in porches for sunning.
- Dog Play Areas: 3 enclosed exercise areas allowing for off-leash play for the dogs and space for pools in summer:
- The play yards give adopters a chance to play and interact closely with the dogs. Many adoption matches have been made during play time!
- Walking Trails: Several miles of wooded, groomed walking trails for dog exercise and adopter interactions.