FOHA Shelter and The Treasure Hound COVID-19 Updates as of July 30, 2021
The well-being of the animals in our care, our employees, our volunteers, and our community remains FOHA’s top priority. We are continuing to monitor government regulations, recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the state of Virginia. We will adapt and change procedures as necessary in accordance with these recommendations and in the context of our available resources.
The CDC has updated guidance for fully vaccinated individuals to state that, “to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area if substantial or high transmission.” People are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Virginia’s guidelines match the CDC’s.
Based on this new guidance, the FOHA shelter and The Treasure Hound are modifying our policy regarding face coverings as follows:
- It is recommended that all volunteers, staff, and visitors who are fully vaccinated wear a face covering indoors when others are present.
- We will not require proof of vaccination, but we ask for responsible and respectful cooperation for the safety of all.
- For those who are not fully vaccinated, face coverings are still required indoors at all times when others are present and outdoors when unable to maintain at least six feet of physical distance from others.
- For now, the shelter remains closed to the general public and we are continuing to conduct meet and greets and adoptions by appointment only. The shelter and The Treasure Hound continue to practice social distancing and enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Would you like to adopt from FOHA?
- If you are interested in meeting one of our adoptable dogs or cats, please fill out an adoption application and indicate the pets you would like to meet.
- A volunteer will follow up to schedule an appointment.
- Would you like to volunteer at the FOHA Shelter?
- Trained dog walkers are welcome every day between 12-5pm.
- Trained cat snugglers are welcome from 10am-5pm on weekdays and 12-5pm on weekends.
- There are a limited number of new volunteer dog walking and cat snuggling training sessions available.
The Treasure Hound Operations
Currently closed on Sundays
Donations will be accepted Tuesday through Saturday from 10am-2pm.