FOHA Shelter and The Treasure Hound COVID-19 Updates as of May 14, 2021
We continue to prioritize the safety of our staff, volunteers, adopters, and customers and follow Virginia guidelines while providing optimal care for the dogs and cats at FOHA who are awaiting their forever homes. Please check this page often for current updates.
At the shelter and The Treasure Hound, all volunteers, staff, and visitors must cover their mouth and nose with a face covering when indoors when others are present. For those who are fully vaccinated (more than two weeks have passed since your second dose), you may gather or conduct activities outdoors without wearing a face covering except in crowded settings of over 25 individuals. For those who are not fully vaccinated, face coverings are still required outdoors when unable to maintain at least six feet of physical distance from others.
This policy is subject to change as new guidance from the state of Virginia becomes available.
FOHA Shelter Operations
- The shelter remains closed to the general public.
- Would you like to adopt from FOHA?
- Dog and Cat Meet-and-Greets are by appointment only.
- If you are interested in meeting one of our adoptable dogs or cats, please fill out an adoption application and indicate the 1 or 2 pets you would like to meet.
- A volunteer will do their best to accommodate your request and schedule a meet-and-greet appointment.
- Our pets are getting adopted very quickly and there may be several applications received ahead of yours. If the status on the pet’s profile changes to “Pending Adoption” you will know that an adoption is now in process.
- You must wear a mask during your appointment and we will be outside as much as possible to minimize any risks and maintain social distancing.
- Would you like to volunteer at the FOHA Shelter?
- Trained and experienced dog walkers are welcome every day between 12-5p.m.
- Due to building capacity limitations, trained and experienced cat snugglers must sign up in advance to volunteer and receive a confirmed time slot. We are expanding the cattery capacity limits.
- There are a limited number of new volunteer dog walking and cat snuggling training sessions available.
The Treasure Hound Hours
Currently closed on Sundays
Face coverings are required during visit.
Donations will be accepted Tuesday through Saturday from 10am-2pm.