FOHA Shelter and The Treasure Hound COVID-19 Updates as of March 3, 2022
- The shelter is open from noon to 5pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Appointments are preferred and get first priority for meeting dogs and cats.
- Would you like to make an appointment to meet our adoptable dogs or cats?
- Please fill out an adoption application and indicate the pet(s) you would like to meet. There is no obligation or payment required to fill out an application.
- A volunteer will follow up to schedule an appointment.
- Would you like to volunteer at the FOHA Shelter?
- Trained dog walkers are welcome every day between 12-5pm.
- Trained cat snugglers are welcome from 10am-5pm on weekdays and 12-5pm on weekends.
- There are new volunteer dog walking and cat snuggling training sessions available.
The well-being of the animals in our care, our employees, our volunteers, and our community remains FOHA’s top priority. We are continuing to monitor government regulations, recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the state of Virginia. We will adapt and change procedures as necessary in accordance with these recommendations and in the context of our available resources.
People can wear a mask based on personal preference, informed by personal level of risk. People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask.
The Treasure Hound Operations
Donations will be accepted Tuesday through Saturday from 10am-4pm.