Meet 1 – Tyler Ray
Hi! Please read my profile closely because I am looking for a very special family and home.
My name is Tyler Ray! My favorite volunteers at FOHA call me T-Rex. I am a very active, very smart, and energetic boy. I love to play fetch or soccer and carry my tennis ball around in case anyone wants to throw it for me. I am looking for a forever home with a backyard where I can chase balls all day (check out my videos below to see me in action). You may even want to purchase one of the automatic ball throwers so your arm doesn’t get tired! I really enjoy long hikes and spending time with my favorite people.
I am more interested in entertaining myself than playing with other dogs. I pretty much ignore them and may not always want to share my favorite ball. I am wary of new people and I like it best when introductions are slow and controlled. I really don’t want to hang out in a crowded place like a brewery or vineyard, but I do love my people once I trust them. Hikes where there are fewer people are ideal.
Here are a few other items of note about me: BONUS – I am housebroken.. I don’t exhibit a strong prey drive, so I may do ok in a home with a dog savvy cat.
My ideal family…
- Is active, possibly runners or hikers
- Either has no kids in the household or high-school aged teenagers or above
- Has a house with a nice big backyard, more rural area with space
- Understands I need to meet people slowly and may not have a lot of visitors
- Is willing to work with me on training, possibly putting me to work as a tracker, I would love a job and I can sniff out a ball buried in the woods
- Has at least a moderate experience level with dogs and is able to be patient and understand my needs around new people
- Willing to come to the shelter to meet me several times so I can learn to trust you.
- Has no other dogs and possibly no cats
I have been waiting a long time for my forever family to come and adopt me. If I sound like your dog please submit an application so we can meet. Please plan on coming to the shelter a few times to hang out with me, so I can become really comfortable, and show you what a great dog I am.
See you soon!! Tyler Ray
Check out this very special video of me that my favorite volunteers and staff put together!
Tyler Ray is sponsored by: Neal Peckens
Tyler Ray is sponsored by: CVCA- Cardiac Care for Pets